Welcome -

Welcome to my blog about female/maternal global health. For some time now, I have been intrigued by medicine - both the history of past medical practices and the future that we are working toward. As a result, I have begun to look into the topic of maternal health - a plight that the world has struggled with for millennia. Although it has become clear that we, as a global society, have made tremendous headway in protecting women's health worldwide, there is still much to be done in order to completely eliminate the problem. In this blog I will summarize and discuss my research as well as debate/support the convictions of others. Through this project I strive to make the world more aware of the global issues surrounding maternal health and of that which each person can do in support. Thank you for visiting!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Reflection: February 1st

Reflection: Sunday, February 1st, 2015

This week during our 20% Time Project time, I completed the dictation of the video that I will include on the final product.  In all honesty, the video is quite difficult to watch; spending so much time watching and re-watching it was saddening to say the least.  (If any of you would like to take a look at it, here is the link: http://content.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,89844377001_1994479,00.html).  I also worked to gather more pieces of information to include side-by-side with the shortened and edited dictation of this video.

I am still struggling with the photography aspect of this project.  I cannot think of anywhere to go that would have subjects suitable for such a project - I am not looking for pregnant women, as most people would think.  Instead, I am searching for subjects that abstractly resemble the subject of maternal health.  I think such photographs would be more thought-provoking than simply photos of pregnancy and small children.  However, I am finding that the places that I normally frequent are not providing me with much of any inspiration, so I spoke with my instructor, Mark, about this issue.  I will continue searching and hopefully speaking with Mark and the more art-focused students at my school with help.

No comments:

Post a Comment