Welcome -

Welcome to my blog about female/maternal global health. For some time now, I have been intrigued by medicine - both the history of past medical practices and the future that we are working toward. As a result, I have begun to look into the topic of maternal health - a plight that the world has struggled with for millennia. Although it has become clear that we, as a global society, have made tremendous headway in protecting women's health worldwide, there is still much to be done in order to completely eliminate the problem. In this blog I will summarize and discuss my research as well as debate/support the convictions of others. Through this project I strive to make the world more aware of the global issues surrounding maternal health and of that which each person can do in support. Thank you for visiting!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Reflection: December 13th

Reflection: December 13th, 2014

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to accomplish as much as I wanted to in terms of my project this week.  I was hoping to have some time to get some inspiration for the photographs I plan to take but I wasn't able to do so.  Hence,  I am still looking for some inspiration just like last week and I am hoping that I will find some in the coming week!  However, I was able to spend some time looking for an engaging (and to be frank, somewhat depressing) story to include on my final product.  I knew I found the right story when my eyes became watery while reading it - there is no question that it will make quite the impression.

Also, Mark suggested that I take a peek at the photos of a one Julia Luckett Cox, a graduate of our high school.  I spent some time going through all of the photos on her website, although many of them are portraits.  I found a collection of photographs from her travels to Latin America with Food 4 Farmers and some of these are more what I am searching for.  My plan is to speak with Mark this week and see if I can get my hands on some more of her photos from her travels abroad.  If I am able to look through those this coming week, I will be able to take my photos during Winter Break.  Then, once we get back to school in January, I can spend one of our 20% Time periods typing up and editing the story that I found this week.  I believe that if I can get both of these things done, I will be in a good position to finish up the rest of my project right on time!

I have to say, I am quite thrilled to finally start piecing a few parts of the project together.  I am quite happy that I was able to find the perfect story and, with a little tweaking, I believe I can make it into exactly what I need it to be.  I will say that I am still a little nervous about taking the photos and that they will not be as good as I hoped.  I haven't spent time taking photos in a long, long time and until I find some inspiration and ideas for this project, I'm afraid I won't have much to go on.  Hopefully after looking through Julia's work I will feel a bit more confident!

No comments:

Post a Comment