Welcome -

Welcome to my blog about female/maternal global health. For some time now, I have been intrigued by medicine - both the history of past medical practices and the future that we are working toward. As a result, I have begun to look into the topic of maternal health - a plight that the world has struggled with for millennia. Although it has become clear that we, as a global society, have made tremendous headway in protecting women's health worldwide, there is still much to be done in order to completely eliminate the problem. In this blog I will summarize and discuss my research as well as debate/support the convictions of others. Through this project I strive to make the world more aware of the global issues surrounding maternal health and of that which each person can do in support. Thank you for visiting!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Reflection: 11-19-14

Now that you've completed your project proposal, what are your thoughts about launching your project?  Worries?  Biggest challenges, looking ahead?  Aspects of your project you're most excited about or anticipating?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          Before completing my project proposal last night, I spent a lot of time thinking and reflecting upon what I am to expect throughout this process.  I am thrilled to see where my creativity takes the result of my work (partially because I do not typically use my artistic side during typical school-related activities) and to push myself to create the best final product that I can.  I am also excited to produce a physical item that will reside both in and out of our school before I graduate.
          However, I am concerned that my lack of creativity will culminate in a sub-par project (and I believe that this is a make sure very fair worry).  Also, I am anxious about the possibility that no outside organizations (other than Vermont Commons School) will be interested in my final product.  However, the only way that I can think of to make sure that this does not happen would be to contact all of the organizations and ask exactly what they want; I am not particularly interested in doing this, though, because I want to make sure that what I create is my own invention and comes from my own mind.  I believe that it is a gift that we have this time and I would much prefer to use this time to create something that I truly want to create.  This being said, I will be contacting my project contacts once I have a portion of my project already created to make sure that I am making something that they will be able to take advantage of.

No comments:

Post a Comment